Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Five things I learned this week

1) When the 'electricity' goes out, and you need to shower... a flashlight pointed up to ceiling gives just enough light (of course you won't be able to blow-dry your hair.)
2) Curlers (does anyone still use them, I do)... curlers work fine in a power outage.
3) Typewriters--(does anyone still use one, I do)--but not anymore. When you've only typed about twice in the last year, and a label maker would have done the job, it's time to pass it on.
4) High School Reunions -- I have not forgotten some very dear friends [shout out to Paula].
5) Cher still looks terrific, at age 62, and has more energy than a 20yr old. And it doesn't matter what fixes! she has had... she is a tremendous performer. I want to go to Vegas to see her.

2 comments:

Meg (MU) said...

I will go to Vegas with you to see Cher. Thanks for teaching me five new things today.

nikki said...

I will also go to Vegas... I love Cher, she's awesome. However, I will have to meet you ladies there. I'll be driving...